Over time, a device’s Internet Protocol (IP) address can change unless you establish a reserved address within your router. With a reserved IP address, RedEye can maintain a reliable communications link with the device (client).
Before you continue, determine your device’s MAC address. That may be as simple as reading it from a printed label on the outside of the device. In the case of a Pioneer VSX receiver, use the VSX remote to navigate to the it’s setup menu.
Log onto the AirPort Extreme
Launch AirPort Utility 6.x.
- Click your router.
- Click Edit.
Navigate to the Network options
Add a new DHCP Reservation
Click plus to add a DHCP Reservation.
Reserve the IP address
- Enter a Description.
- Ensure that MAC Address is selected
- Enter your client’s MAC Address.
- Enter your desired IPv4 Address.
- Click Save.
Update the AirPort Extreme
- Your newly added IP client will be in the DHCP Reservations list.
- Click Update. The router will go off-line for a minute or so while it saves your changes.