Over time, a device’s Internet Protocol (IP) address can change unless you establish a reserved address within your router. With a reserved IP address, RedEye can maintain a reliable communications link with the device (client).
Log onto the AirPort Extreme
Launch AirPort Utility 5.x.
- Select your router.
- Click Manual Setup
Navigate to the Internet options
View the current DHCP settings
Add a new DHCP Reservation
Click plus to add a DHCP Reservation.
Name your new device
- Enter a Description.
- Ensure that MAC Address is selected
- Click Continue.
Reserve the IP address
- Enter your client’s MAC Address.
- Enter your desired IPv4 Address.
- Click Done.
Update the AirPort Extreme
- Your newly added IP client will be in the DHCP Reservations list.
- Click Update. The router will go off-line for a minute or so while it saves your changes.
The router’s icon will disappear while being updated. Quit AirPort Utility.