To proceed, you must have the following for the VSX:
- IP address (192.168.0.121)
- Port number (23)
Add the VSX
- Select the desired Manufacturer
- And Type
- Change the Port to Add New IP Port
- Enter your desired Display Name
- Click Find Codes
Select a Codeset
At the time of this tutorial, there was just a single codeset for the VSX. It doesn’t quite match the VSX-1121-K, but the commands can be edited later as needed.
If you device doesn’t have a codeset, save the device without.
- Click the Codeset desired
- Click Save This Device
- Click Edit Port Settings
- Ensure the Protocol is set to TCP
- Enter the IP address as the Host Name
- Enter the Port Number
- Click OK
Test the IP Connection: Mute Toggle
With your VSX reveiver turned on, test the IP control from RedEye.
- Click Mute On/OFF
- Click Save Changes